What the Strategic Brand and Marketing Development Category
of the EDG Grant Entails
The Strategic Brand and Marketing Development Grant is specifically designed to help your enterprise appear desirable in the eyes of your intended demographic, be it customers, business partners, etc. This ensures that your brand, its products, and services altogether present an image and experience unique to your business and your business only.
The Strategic Brand and Marketing Development Grant pertains to the evaluation and subsequent upgrading of a company’s persona and marketing operations. This sub-category is part of Enterprise Singapore’s (ESG) Enterprise Development Grant (EDG or EDG Grant).
STUDIO DAM is a design consultancy experienced in the field of work under the Strategic Brand and Marketing Development category. You can view and learn more about it in our portfolio.
What’s the Right Mindset?
1. Taking a look at your company’s current brand identity and how well you’ve been conveying it to your clients is at the top of the list.
Whether you’re making mental or physical notes on it, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I like the way my brand looks visually right now? Do people, clients, like my company’s branding?
- Is the branding appropriate for the industry my business is in? Is it appropriate for the current market trends?
- If my brand were a person, how would I describe it?
- Is my brand’s story clear and digestible to my (potential) clients and business partners?
Your answers to these questions give a headstart to knowing what about your brand and marketing performance needs change and improvement.
Certainly, there are aspects of it that can and should remain. For instance, an enterprise’s heritage, its founding story – anything that gives your business the desired depth, meaning, and personality.
2. Moving forward, share your answers, thoughts, and even suggestions with a design consultancy of your choice.
Remember, by taking on an EDG Grant project under the Strategic Brand and Marketing Development category, it is likely that you will need the assistance of an Enterprise Singapore-recognised third-party consultancy firm.
STUDIO DAM is an Enterprise Singapore-recognised consultancy experienced in working with brands under the EDG Grant, so feel free to reach out for a no-obligation consultation.
3. Sharing your analysis of your enterprise aligns both of your perspectives. But it is equally important to have an open mind as you discuss your brand’s direction with
They are specially certified and equipped with years of industry knowledge to help you grow your company.
The initial meetings should be focused on:
- Sharing your vision and mission of your company, and other necessary relevant information
- Discussing and agreeing upon a specific business objective or goal for the EDG project (which is also part of the EDG Grant application)
- Setting clear timelines and datelines for various project deliverables
Finally, as you begin working on the EDG project, keep your goal in mind, and trust the process.
In summary, to prepare for the EDG Grant’s Strategic Brand and Marketing Development project,
- Relook your company’s brand identity and marketing performance
- Assess what remains, and what needs changing
- Be open-minded – especially to your consultant’s advice and opinion
- Always keep your goal in mind
- Trust the process
All it takes is a single conversation to get the ball rolling.
Arrange an hours’ worth free consultation to discuss EDG Grants with us today!